Quinoa with poached egg, easy, fast and yummyyyy =)
A great nutrition and fiber packed dish which is a super quick lunch or dinner.
My quinoa with poached egg recipe has a lot of nutritions in it.
Here they are.
- is high in protein and contains all nine essential amino acids (which is really rare for plant foods).
- It’s e.g. also high in fiber, antioxidants, iron and magnesium.
So then we also put a loooot of vegetables into the quinoa stew and make it a nice, beautiful stew.
Depending on your vegetables there are different health benefits.
Pumpkin for example which I used in my recipe
- has a huge amount of vitamin A in it.
- If you eat one cup of mashed pumpkin it will be 200 % of your daily, recommended Vitamin A intake.
So let’s move to the benefits of eggs:
- Whole eggs are among the most nutritious foods on the planet O.O.
- They contain a little bit of almost every nutrient we need.
- Eggs are also fairly high in quality animal protein with around 8 grams of it in a large egg.
- As well as quinoa – eggs contain all the essential amino acids we need.
Now with all this knowledge in mind, I’m ready to take you through my easy quinoa with poached egg recipe for 2 persons:
- 150 gram of mixed quinoa (more color =) ) (rinse it very well in a sieve under running water, to remove all those bitter saponins – important!!! Otherwise you won’t like to eat it)
I cut lots of vegetables in very small cubes: with this size it will become a very smooth dish with a great texture
I always use different colors so it looks even more delicious.
- 200 gram pumpkin
- 2 carots
- 1 zucchini (green)
- 1 pepper (red)
- 8 mushrooms
For the poached eggs:
- A pot with hot water
- A bit of white vinegar
- 4 eggs (or as many as you like)
First we make the quinoa stew for our quinoa with poached egg recipe:
- Cut all the vegetables you love in very small cubes (e.g. 4 x 4 mm) and first put those into a hot pot (with olive or coconut oil) which need a longer time to be cooked. So I start with my pumpkin and the carrots. Then after two minutes I add the pepper and let it roast for 2 more minutes. Then add the zucchini and the mushrooms for 1 minute.
- During that time wash your quinoa and then put it on top of your yummy veggies. Directly add so much water with vegetable stock that all the veggies and quinoa is covered. Then let the stew boil lightly for around 15 minutes. (depending on the quinoa you use)
- Crack each egg into an own cup. So you can easily slide the egg into the pot afterwards.
- In the meantime bring a pot of water filled at least 7cm deep to a simmer. ! Don’t add any salt!!! This may break up the egg white.
- Add a good shot of white vinegar. This will help to let the egg white rinse quicker. (you won’t taste the vinegar)
- Stir the water with a spoon to create a gentle whirlpool. This will help the egg white wrap around the yolk.
- Slowly tip the egg into the centre of the “whirlpool”. Make sure to put the heat very low so the egg won’t get destroyed – there should only be small bubbles rising
- Cook it under low heat for 3-4 minutes (depending on your egg size)
- Lift the egg out with a spoon and put it into a prepared bowl with warm, salty water. So the egg won’t become cold until you enjoy them.
- Now our quinoa stew should be ready as well. It should have a nice, creamy texture. Then I add some salt, pepper, chili and fresh herbs.
- Put the quinoa stew on a plate in the middle. Add the poached egg on top and sprinkle it with some parsley and chili. On the side I love to eat a green salad.
A very simple, though delicious and quick dish which even children will love.
What are your favorite, quinoa dishes?
Let me know in the comments below.
Also would love to see you
on Instagram on:
my model account @anna.veronika.m
my modeltips account @avm.modelhacks
and on my youtube-channel Anna Veronika Meyer you will see my model hacks and my life as a model.
See you soon 🙂
PS: This could be your desert: My best healthy chocolate ice cream <3