Healthy kidney bean salad which you will love.
Very easy, and satisfying summer salad bowl.
This healthy kidney bean salad will make you satisfied and happy for some hours =)
Kidney beans are a great vegetarian source of proteins, slow-release carbs (that means it’s digestion takes longer and causes lower and more gradual rise of your blood sugar level) as well as fiber.
These beans together with vegetables make a satisfying and refreshing summer salad bowl.
Here is one of my favorite, healthy kidney bean salad for 2 persons:
- 250 gram cooked cold kidney beans (around 100 gram dried kidneybeans)
- 3 sticks of raw , chopped celery stalks (contains lots of minerals and water)
- 3 medium, raw, chopped carrots (great source of vitamin A, K and C)
The self-made dressing:
- 1 tablespoon of good quality olive oil
- A bit of chopped parsley
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- Chop the celery stalks into 0,5 cm pieces. Then quarter the carrots and cut them into 0,5 cm pieces as well. Add all the three ingredients into one salad bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients of the dressing in a separate bowl and put it over the salad. Mix well and let it sit for some minutes, that will bring out more flavor.
If you want, you can eat the salad by itself or eat a nice egg sunny-side up with it.
Also you can add tomatoes and many other vegetables to the salad to make it even more colorful.
Let me know in the comments below what other vegetables you would add and what your favorite summer salad is.
Also would love to see you
on Instagram on:
my model account @anna.veronika.m
my modeltips account @avm.modelhacks
and on my youtube-channel Anna Veronika Meyer you will see my model hacks and my life as a model.