Healthy chocolate muffins recipe: No sugar, no flour – only sweetened with dates & banana.
Do you also have such a sweet tooth?
I loooove sweets!
That’s why I thought making those sweet foods healthier to enjoy them more.
You should also not overeat bananas and dates.
As you shouldn’t overeat from anything.
I found this recipe and was delighted how juicy the muffins were.
It is very important for me that the cake/muffin has a great texture and is juicy.
Sweets which are not sweetened with refined sugar tend to have a dry texture.
But with my healthy chocolate muffins recipe you won’t have an issue with that.
Healthy chocolate muffins recipe (10 muffins)
1 2/3 cups or 200g ground almonds/hazelnuts
3 eggs (if you want it vegan – just skip the eggs)
1 ripe banana
5/6 cup or 150 g dates (I used the raw, organic datepaste of gleem.de!! Way easier than whole dates)
1/5 cup or 50 ml almondmilk (or any other milk – I made the milk myself)
3/8 cup or 45 g cacaopowder (unsweetened!!)
2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch of salt
2 tb coconut oil
2 tb cacaopowder
2 tb maple syrup
chopped nuts, dried berries, puffed amaranth, etc.
Preparation healthy chocolate muffins recipe:
- Preheat your oven to 356 °F (180 °C) top/bottom heat. Put the muffin paper inserts into the muffin tray/baking tray. Grease the paper inserts with coconut oil.
2. Dates: Either use a datepaste or pour the dates with hot water and let them sit for 20 minutes. Then it will be way easier to blend them. Drain the date’s soaking water afterwards and keep around 3 tb (50 ml) of the soaking water for the dough.
3. Put the dates, 3 tb of the dates water (50 ml), banana, eggs, almond milk, ground almonds, cacao powder, baking powder and salt into a blender. Note: If your blender is not too strong, first puree the dates and then add the other ingredients.
4. Fill the dough into the muffin tray and put them in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes. The muffins should be hard but not too hard. Take them out and let them cool down.
- Healthy chocolate muffins recipe: chocolate ganache
5. For the ganache warm the coconutoil until it’s liquid. Mix it with the cacao powder and the maple syrup until you have a smooth glaze. Let it cool down a bit until it thickens slightly.
6. Coat the muffins with the chocolate ganache and add some toppings.
If you want to avoid any other sugar than the dates & banana just skip the chocolate ganache.
Guys please try this recipe!!!
It is so far my favourite healthy chocolate muffins recipe!!
Also very tasty: Put the muffins into the freezer and get kind of a brownie ice-cream.
Leave me a comment.
Would love to see you
on Instagram on:
my model account @anna.veronika.m
and on my youtube-channel Anna Veronika Meyer you will see my model hacks, model sport and my life as a model.
PS: And try my dish before this desert: My chicken and sweet potato tray<3